Saturday, July 15, 2006

Methi Alu Tikki inArrabbiata Sauce

  Posted by Picasa















I was feeling quite bored...and wanted something really fiery to pep up my spirits...the weather too wasnt very reciprocating...the more I looked outside the more sad I felt...I think I have started becoming homesick....still more months to go...september seems very far...I dont watch much 'tely' when I am alone...browsing the blogs...I have had enough for the dy...just then remembered reading how food can alter the moods and how tailor made food is served for patients suffering from depression to pep up the spirits...So off to kitchen...another reason to justify my gluttony!!;)Started off to make plain 'alu tikki'....then there was some methi leaves wrinkling her face at me....So the plan became 'methi alu tikki'...Checked in the pantry...anything interesting?...There was this Lloyd's Grosman's Arrabbiata(literally translated as angry!)Sauce giving me a seducing smile and with the added description that it is a classic Italian sauce known to be quite fiery(but for me she was still a weakling!!).So my tikki became 'Methi Alu Tikki in Arrabbiata sauce'...sounded more like a postmodernist technique!!....Here goes my recipe:


Ingredients:

Potato-2 large(cooked and mashed)
Green chilli-4(chopped thin)
Methi leaves-50g(chopped thin)
Turmeric-a pinch
Chilli powder-1/2 tsp
Pepper powder-1/4 tsp
Corn flour-1 tsp
Arrabbiata sauce-1 1/2 tbsp
Oil-as required
Salt-as required
Coriander leaves-as rqd

Method:
Heat oil in a wok.Add methi leaves,chilli powder,turmeric and pepper powder.Saute of 3 minutes.Now add the mashed potato,corn flour,arrabbiata sauce and salt as required.Mix well. Cook everything together for 3 minutes.Remove from stove,cool it and make small balls out of it.Flatten it slightly and shallow fry it on a hot griddle.Turn sides till the tikkis become golden brown.Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot with tomato ketch up.For those who want to make the sauce at home,here is a fellow blogger's recipe for
  • Arrabbiata Sauce
  • No comments: