Thursday, July 12, 2007

A few side dishes for Chappathi/Paratha

Thottakoora Pappu
 














Baingan kothameer
 
















Kozhi Kurumulakittathu-Nadan style
 
















Chemmeen Mulakuvaratti-Nadan style
 
Posted by Picasa



It is one of the simplest prawn recipes that I make quite often at home...I thought it was quite a very common recipe in Kerala...I was feeling too silly to write out the recipe for this until I found a few queries on this item...so I thought I'll share my simpleton chemmeen...It is one prawn dish that I love to have with a hot steaming 'kanji'(rice gruel) and pappadam or with chappathi or with kerala porotta.

Here's how I make it....

Ingredients:

Cooked Prawns-250g
Red chilli powder-3/4 tbsp(depends on how hot u can bear!!)
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Garlic/Garlic powder-1 tsp
Tamarind paste-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-1 sprig
Oil-as reqd
Salt-as reqd

Method:

Heat Oil(I take oil slightly more than what is usually required for a shallow fry).When the oil is hot, add curry leaves. Once it has spluttered, add all the spice powders. Heat on a low flame for a minute. Now add the cooked prawns( cooked in a little salt water)into the masala. Add the tamarind paste and salt as required. Mix well. Let it cook for a few minutes until the masala coats it well.Serve hot with kanji/chappati.

12 comments:

Gini said...

They all look delicious. The shrimps and chicken seems more of my kinda food.

Jyothi said...

Hi! First time at your blog. Nice blog with yummy recipes. I love that chicken curry a lot. All are looks delicious and yummy. Thanks for sharing.

BTW I added your blog name in my blogger's list.

DEEPA said...

all look tasty and yummy

Anonymous said...

Hi wow mouth watering pics. please share with us the recipes too. we too want to try these.please please

Maddy said...

hey doc, why dont you tell me how you made the Kozhi Kurumulakittathu?

indianadoc said...

Thanks gini,jyoti,deepa,maddy and the anonymous friend....for dropping in, in spite of my notorious laziness to post the recipes! Maddy give me some time buddy..I shall post it soon...hopefully ;)

VINI said...

I wan to try chemmeen mulakuvaratti...am drooling here...recipe pls.

Prasmi said...

Hi, you have a delicious spread there. Please share the recipes. You have a wonderful blog, dont stop posting recipes.

Smitha

Anonymous said...

I love ur blog!!
lovely snaps
but to recreate the magic in my kitchen
I NEED THE RECIPES !!!!!!!
please post .....:(

Anonymous said...

All look very attractive. But why don't you post the receipes? It will help a lot of people like me who knows only little bit of cooking.

indianadoc said...

>thanx dear friends for dropping in...Sorry that I am not able to post the recipes for many...well,when priorities change, sometimes we will have to give up the hobbies for a while...hope to update them some day...most of them are very basic recipes, with the most common spices...yes the generalisation and the appearance wont help everybody, but shall make an attempt to post them some time...

deepti said...

hi indian doc
a great job done!!!i really appreciate the effort that you are doing ...just got to know ur website by chance..will be trying your receipes and sending my views..